This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy
Is Valentine’s Day just another over-commercialised holiday and should you celebrate it even if your husband/girlfriend/partner says “I don’t believe in celebrating Valentine’s Day”, or you are single and ‘bah humbugging’ the day for lovers?
Yes! YES! You should celebrate Valentine’s Day, even if you don’t splash out on beautiful hampers 4 two or the traditional gift of long-stemmed red roses. And here’s why:
- Life has been very sad for a lot of people coming into 2020, particularly in Australia with the start of the early bushfire season. The constant threat of evacuations and loss of property and loved ones has been devastating with catastrophic firestorms. Add to that the uncertainty and fear caused by the coronavirus, globally, we need something to celebrate and there’s no better reason for that, than LOVE!
- You don’t have to be in a relationship to enjoy love! Simply because you aren’t one half of a couple doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Valentine’s Day. Gift a friend or a family member with one of our pamper hampers as a way of expressing your gratitude for their presence in their life
- When your wife/girlfriend says ‘You don’t need to get me anything for Valentine’s Day,’ this is the equivalent of her saying ‘Fine’, during an argument. It means the exact opposite. Once she’s scrolling Facebook timelines and seeing the loot her friends have received, there will be a tiny part of her heart that wishes you had done something grandiose to commemorate the day.
Looking for something kinkier? Save up to 40% on Valentine's Day Gift Ideas.
- It’s the perfect time to let your secret crush know you’re interested. Even if you’re feeling shy or scared of rejection, you can always send an anonymous gift to the object of your affection.
- You and your partner may feel like Valentine’s is over commercialised and choose not to celebrate, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t show love to a lonely neighbour or take a gift hamper to someone in an assisted-living facility.
Valentine’s Day has long been a tradition, and while you might be one to buck the trends, and love can be celebrated any time of the year, we could do all do with a little more love in our lives. Browse our range of hampers for Valentine's Day and order now to ensure delivery before Valentine's (delivery before Valentines includes Australian orders only).